These procedures have been put in place for the safety of our students at James Hurst Elementary School. Please be courteous and patient with our staff, students and parents.
Student Arrival Procedures:
Instruction begins at 8:40 a.m. – Student drop off begins at 8:10 a.m.
Breakfast will begin at 8:10 a.m.
Breakfast will end at 8:40 a.m.
- Students arriving on buses will be dropped of on the bus ramp and enter the school through the gymnasium.
- Cars are NOT permitted on the bus ramp.
- Students are to stay on the sidewalks and follow directions of the Crossing Guards at all times.
- Walkers will enter the school through the front doors. Doors open at 8:10 a.m.
- Drop off students are to enter the building through the front doors.
- Parents dropping off students are to unload children on the parent drop-off ramp in front of the school.
- Please STAY in line and do NOT pull around other cars stopped in line.
- Please do NOT
get out of your car, have your child ready to go, if they need
assistance opening a car door there will be someone out front to help
them. If you need to get out
of the car with your student please park along the back row of the
parking lot and escort your student to the school.
- Please do NOT drop off students in the parking lot. Parents
needing to enter the school with their student will be permitted to
park along the back row of the parking lot and walk their student into
- Please FOLLOW ALL SIGNS around the school (Stop, One Way, Do Not Enter) and turn stereos down.
Student Dismissal Procedures:
- Students are dismissed beginning at 3:20 p.m.
- After 3:00 p.m. students will not be called down for dismissal.
Please avoid picking up your student early from the office unless there are extenuating circumstances.
should listen for their bus number to be called then proceed quietly
and orderly to the gymnasium to exit the school to the bus ramp.
- When walkers are dismissed over the intercom they are to exit the school through the front doors and walk directly home.
- Students should stay on the sidewalks and follow all directions from the Crossing Guards.
- Students being picked up will be dismissed with the walkers.
pick up students from the parent drop off ramp in front of the front
doors, do not leave cars running or sitting in the parking lot NOT
parked in a parking space.
- Do not park in the parent drop off ramp and leave your car.
- Wait patiently in line and students will be released when your car is in sight on the ramp. Please do not pull around waiting cars.
Please observe the 25mph speed limit in the neighborhood.
STOP SIGNS MEAN STOP! Cell phone use is discouraged; please pay attention to what is going on around you.