JHES Library Media Center Mission:
The mission of the JHES Library is to ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information, and therefore, become lifelong learners. It is also my hope to instill a love of reading in EVERY student!
Checking Out and Returning Books:
• Students may check out two books (1 AR and 1 of choice) for a two week period.
• Students are responsible for keeping their books safe and returning them on time.
• If students are not finished with their books, they are able to renew them by bringing their books to the library.
• Books can be returned in the library at anytime during the day.
• The media center maintains a collection of over 10,000 books, a variety of online databases, magazines, and a growing number of e-Books. Computers located in the library are used to assist and strengthen student’s daily academic needs.
• Keeping up to date with technology is extremely important! We strive to provide our teachers with a variety of technological resources that will help enhance classroom instruction.
The media center is involved in several different projects to obtain funding for additional equipment and new materials for our collection.
• Book Fair: The book fair is a big event and a highlight for the students. It is held twice a year in the school library. The first book fair for the 2014-2015 school year will be in December. Please check back for more information regarding the book fair.
• Box Tops for Education: Clip box tops from the many General Mills products and send them to the library.
• Grocery Store Receipts: Please send all of your Farm Fresh and Harris Teeter grocery store receipts to the library. This fundraiser allows us to acquire new equipment for the library.